Find everything you need to know about renting your property
How much can I rent my property for?
Thinking of renting your property, or just curious about its value? Contact us today for an obligation free rental appraisal at no cost. Simply fill in the form below and one of Network Pacific’s property management experts will be in touch to provide a comprehensive rental market report for your property.
Why choose Network Pacific Real Estate to manage your property?
Thank you for considering Network Pacific for your property management needs. As an established market leader we hope you will join our existing 15,000 clients worldwide. We would be delighted to have you on board.
We make it easy
Our value-added services allow us to take care of all aspects of our clients’ property management and maintenance needs. We develop strong personal client relationships and provide a tailored approach to support our clients’ unique business goals. Our innovative business environment means we are continually evolving and adapting to ensure that we are providing an exceptional service and remain relevant and responsive to our clients’ business needs. We offer national 24/7 call centre support and our online service facilitates seamless payments, orders and contractor invoice uploads. An exclusive phone and email contact for your dedicated Consultant means that one phone call or email can arrange all your property management requirements. It doesn’t get easier than that.
We take it personally
Since our establishment in 1994 we have experienced continual growth. This constant growth is largely due to our responsive and personal approach to business. Time and again our clients comment on our exceptional service provision and our accessible and collaborative approach. Over the past three years our management portfolio has grown by more than 30% per annum. Over 95% of our new customers are repeat customers or referrals. We think that speaks volumes.
Discover a world of difference
This is not just our marketing tag, it is our mantra. Our key values of Loyalty, Integrity, Commitment and Innovation are the cornerstones of our business and shape our operations so that we provide innovative solutions, services and technology which are a ‘world of difference’ from our competitors. As an award winning and ISO 9001:2015 certified company, you can be confident that Network Pacific Real Estate has best practice procedures in place to handle every aspect of the management of your property.
Our property management services
At Network Pacific Real Estate, our clients have come to expect the highest level of professional service and effective communication. Below is a summary of the property management services we offer:
Minimise your vacancy period
- Our pro-active marketing campaigns minimise vacancy periods. Unlike others, we don’t wait until the property is vacant to start showing prospective tenants through.
- Prospective tenants are advised of open homes via text and email, and for those that can’t make an open home we are happy to arrange private viewings.
- Prospective tenants are communicated with regularly to ensure we are aware of any change in their circumstances.
- We don’t operate on a first comes first served basis, our rigorous screening process means that only the most suitable tenants will be put forward for your consideration.
- Our accounts department reconciles our trust accounts every day. This means that we always know the exact status of each of our tenants.
- In the event that a tenant fails to pay their rent on time, we send a reminder text and email as well as actually call them!
- Landlords are notified immediately of any arrears.
- Our systematic approach to arrears ensures no one slips through our strict collection process.
Prompt repairs and maintenance
- We have a vast network of highly qualified, trusted and reliable tradespeople.
- Our property managers take a proactive approach to repair requests ensuring that all parties are kept updated on the status from start to finish.
- Our tradespeople advise if the repair is the result of tenant negligence so that we can recoup the cost on behalf of the landlord.
- Our aim is to ensure your property is well maintained, ensuring you remain competitive in the market place and that your asset continues to increase in value.
- Through having the latest technology, we have been able to streamline many of our processes; this means there is always someone available to talk to you.
- We have an after-hours call centre to handle all maintenance requests.
- Our procedures ensure that in the event of your property manager being away, other staff members are kept up to date on matters relating to your property portfolio.
Serviced apartment property management
Network Pacific is a market leader in property management for serviced apartment and hotel groups around Australia. Our outstanding professionalism and competence has led to sustained and valued relationships with some of Australia’s leading serviced apartment and hotel groups. Serviced apartment property management can be complex. We remove the complexity for our clients by providing an easy and streamlined process that comprehensively meets all the requirements of property management, including financial, lease review, maintenance and owners corporation requirements.
As part of our property management role we:
- Distribute rent and outgoings
- Provide a monthly statement and accurate set of financial records
- Provide an income and expenditure report to the landlord on an annual basis
- Call and attend meetings, including Owners Corporation meetings
- Maintain an accurate record of correspondence, asset register and maintenance reports
- Ensure appropriate levels of insurance
- Arrange for the maintenance of chattels and fixtures in accordance with the terms of the lease
- Take necessary action to ensure compliance with the lease
All funds are processed through our registered Trust Account which is independently audited annually.
We ensure that we communicate with our clients at key stages throughout the process. A dedicated property manager ensures that our clients can seek advice, clarification or ask questions at any time.
We aim to maximise the exposure of your property when we market it for lease. Within 24 hours following your instruction to lease it, your property will be marketed in the following ways:
- Online and e-marketing – realestate.com.au, networkpacific.com.au
- Open for inspections – Network Pacific Real Estate conducts private inspections and advertised open for inspections throughout the week. In this way, we provide the viewing time that is most convenient to prospective tenants.
- Our client database – Network Pacific Real Estate maintains a database of potential tenants who receive emails of available properties that meet their search criteria.
- Prominent signage, where permissible
All property inspections are accompanied by a property manager from our office. We will never give out keys to prospective tenants to inspect the property unaccompanied. This will also ensure that we identify all facilities, for example; pool, onsite parking, gyms, security features etc, that are available for their use.
For every application that is received, Network Pacific conducts extensive background checks on every applicant. This includes:
- Confirmation of the applicant’s identity through a ‘100’ points check system.
- A check with the National Tenancy Database to ensure they do not have previous undesirable records against them with regards to residential tenancy.
- Verification of their employment and source of income with their employers.
- Reference checks with past landlords/property managers on their previous rental history.
Once we are satisfied with the quality of the applicants, we will discuss their application with you. We will put tenants in your investment property only after this consultation with you.
As your property manager, we are committed to looking after your investment. We conduct the following inspections:
- Entry Condition report prior to your tenant moving in.
- A Routine Inspection every six months thereafter. You will receive a Routine Inspection report following each Routine Inspection.
- An exit inspection after your tenant vacates.
- Additional inspections during the tenancy may be required to complete repairs and maintenance, valuations or as the case may be.
At Network Pacific, we endeavor to ensure that your rental income is received by the due date. In accordance with the legislation, tenants have a 14-day grace period in which to pay their rent before the landlord can take any legal actions. Our arrears management policy is as follow:
- Tenants are given an SMS text or courtesy call on the second day after rental is due.
- Tenants will be contacted in writing if rent due is still not paid after 7 days. As a matter of urgency, they will also be telephoned to remind them to pay the rent.
- If rental remains unpaid after 14 days, tenants will be issued with a 14 day Notice to Vacate for non-payment of rent. Three business days following the notice to vacate, an application will be made to VCAT requesting possession of the property.
- If the matter is resolved before a VCAT appearance, no other applications will be made.
- If the matter is not resolved and brought before VCAT, we will attempt to obtain an order entitling the landlord possession of the property.
- Once the landlord has possession of the property, we will apply to VCAT for recovery of the bond paid to cover any rent owing.
Rental monies will be transferred into your nominated bank account on the business day following the payment of rent by your tenant. A detailed landlord statement reflecting all income and charges will accompany each time funds are transferred. All invoices paid on your behalf will also be included.
With your written authority, we can arrange for council rates and water service charges to be re-directed to our office and paid from the rent collected on your behalf. Invoices for repairs and maintenance can also be paid on your behalf from the rent collected.
Network Pacific is committed to reduce its impact on the environment by implementing, maintaining and continually improving our environmentally sustainable practices. We encourage all our owners to opt for email statements and support us in this worthy cause.
All financial statements, unless otherwise instructed, will be delivered via electronic mail.
All repairs and maintenance issues are handled on your behalf in accordance with your instructions. If you have a preferred tradesperson that you would like us to use, you may let us know. Our 24/7 Maintenance Division sets strict selection criteria and all contractors are required to hold the necessary qualifications, permits and must have Public Liability Insurance Cover to protect your investment property.
Our property management team will identify the need for maintenance and repairs either through tenants’ feedback or through our regular inspections. We are committed to responding to repairs in a timely fashion. We also attend to minor maintenance issues before they become major issues or present a risk to tenants.
You may provide us with a pre-authorised limit to carry out minor maintenance works without referring to you.
Urgent repairs are classified as such if they can pose an immediate health and safety or security risk, or when the property will be damaged if work is not carried out quickly.
The following are deemed as ‘urgent repairs’:*
- Burst water service
- Blocked or broken toilet system
- Serious roof leak
- Gas leak
- Dangerous electrical fault
- Flooding or serious flood damage
- Serious storm or fire damage
- Failure or breakdown of any essential service or appliance supplied by a landlord or agent for hot water, water, cooking, heating or laundering
- Failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply
- Any fault or damage in the premises that makes the premises unsafe or insecure
- An appliance, fitting or fixture that is not working properly and causes a substantial amount of water to be wasted
- A serious fault in a lift or staircase
The legislation provides the tenant with a right to arrange for work to be carried out up to a maximum value of $1800 and seek reimbursement from the landlord if they are not attended to within a reasonable time frame.
Non-urgent repairs are required to be attended to by the landlord within 14 days of notice provided by the tenant.
A tenant must give relevant notice of Intention to Vacate as set out in the Residential Tenancies Act. When your tenant has given notice to vacate, you will be notified in writing as soon as we receive the tenant’s notice. If your tenants leave before the expiry of the fixed term, commonly known as ‘breaking the lease’, there may be costs incurred by them.
Marketing of your investment property starts as soon as your tenants advise us of their Notice of Intent to Vacate in writing. A rental review is usually conducted at this time to ensure we achieve the best possible returns for your investment.
We communicate with you as often or as little as you like via phone calls or email correspondence. You will be contacted at the very least:
- Once weekly while your property is being marketed for lease.
- When an application has been received to lease your property.
- Each time following a Routine Inspection.
- When a rental review is due, usually at the end of a fixed term lease.
- When your tenants hand in their Notice of Intent to Vacate.
For more specific concerns which are not addressed here, please call +61 3 9816 4722 to speak to one of our property managers. Alternatively, you can email your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org
Talk to an expert
Whatever your real estate needs, we have the experts to guide you on your journeyHOW CAN WE HELP YOU?